SPEAK MPLS COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
SPEAK MPLS is committed to providing a safe and healthy space for all employees, members and visitors. To ensure that, SPEAK MPLS has developed the following Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Each employee and member is responsible for implementing the Plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 at SPEAK MPLS facilities to ensure we can continue to provide members access to media resources during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Plan follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines and federal OSHA standards related to COVID-19.
Guidance for employees and members exhibiting signs of illness
SPEAK MPLS strongly encourages any employee or member to stay home and immediately get tested for COVID-19 if you feel ill, especially if you are experiencing respiratory symptoms. Employees and members are responsible for keeping up to date on the current CDC recommendations and guidelines concerning quarantining in the event you are experiencing illness or were exposed to COVID-19. If you have been tested, and do not have COVID-19, but are still displaying symptoms of illness (fever, coughing, sneezing), SPEAK MPLS reserves the right to require a mask in order to continue using SPEAK MPLS facilities and/or equipment. If you test positive for COVID 19, follow the advice of your healthcare provider and inform SPEAK MPLS immediately. If you have a family member that has tested positive, please follow the CDC guidelines.
Notifications and Closures
If SPEAK MPLS learns that any member or employee has tested positive for COVID 19, SPEAK MPLS will follow CDC and MHD notification guidance, including immediately notifying all employees and members that may have come in close contact with the individual. SPEAK MPLS will use contact information provided on the COVID-19 waiver.
If SPEAK MPLS employees, members or visitors test positive, SPEAK MPLS will evaluate the situation and decide whether to close any SPEAK MPLS facilities, and or modify the COVID-19 Preparedness Plan to limit future exposure.
Operations for SPEAK MPLS On-site Facilities
For all on-site activities at our facilities, SPEAK MPLS employees, members, instructors, and community members must follow the CDC’s COVID-19 guidelines. If any signs of illness are observed while an employee, member, or visitor is present at any SPEAK MPLS facilities, SPEAK MPLS reserves the right to require a mask in order to continue using SPEAK MPLS facilities and/or equipment.
COVID-19 Waiver: Employees, members and visitors are expected to complete the SPEAK MPLS COVID-19 waiver before entering the facility.
- Handwashing: Basic infection prevention measures have been implemented at SPEAK MPLS. Each employee and member is strongly encouraged to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day, but especially at the beginning and end of reservations, and after using the restroom. Please refer to the MN Department of Health on Handwashing information posted in the common areas of SPEAK MPLS facilities. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance to all SPEAK MPLS facilities and employees, members and visitors are encouraged to use it whenever they enter SPEAK MPLS facilities.
- Masks: SPEAK MPLS does not require employees, members, and visitors of SPEAK MPLS facilities to wear a cloth mask or face covering, rather, SPEAK MPLS leaves the decision of whether to wear a cloth mask or face covering up to the individual. However, SPEAK MPLS reserves the right to require any member, individual, employee to wear a mask if that individual is exhibiting symptoms of illness. SPEAK MPLS will provide a mask to members upon request.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is encouraged throughout SPEAK MPLS facilities. Whenever possible, please try to maintain at least six feet of separation with anyone while using or visiting SPEAK MPLS facilities and be respectful of any other individual’s requests for additional space.
- Cleaning: SPEAK MPLS employees will sanitize surfaces and equipment at the end of every day. SPEAK MPLS encourages members, employees, and visitors to wipe down any station or equipment before and after use, using the appropriate disinfectant supplies provided by SPEAK MPLS.
- Common Areas: If you do utilize the common areas, please wipe down any surfaces you use with appropriate disinfectant supplies provided by SPEAK MPLS. If there are not disinfectant materials in the common area, please ask a SPEAK MPLS employee for assistance.
SPEAK MPLS COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
Last Revised 11/2022